The International RS:X Class will host again the Class ENP program for the RS:X sailors from countries where the coaching and training system needs more improvement. The purpose of this ENP is to help sailors and coaches to prepare for coming RS:X events and including to prepare for the Tokyo Olympic Games those who qualified already and those who did not yet, to help to get there,
The ENP Training Course will take place in Vilamoura, Portugal between 14-21 November 2020, i.e. just before the 2020 RS:X WIndsurfing European & Youth European Championships and Open Trophy. Also the program continues until 28 November, i.e. until the end of Championsips.
About the RS:X Class ENP Program:
Preparing the EN countries towards qualification for and racing in the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan on summer 2021.
Class ENP Coach
Mr. Diederik Bakker (NED) will be the RS:X Class ENP coach for the Training Course in Vilamoura, Portugal. Diederik is a long time windsurfing coach and also the coaches representative in the Class Executive Committee.
ENP Training Group in Vilamoura
The training group is limited with minimum of 4 and maximum of 8 sailors. Each sailor should come together with her coach as the training clinic will include also coaching their coaches.
So countries who needs a help with coaching and are interested to join the ENP Training Course, please REGISTER and contact to Diederik (email@example.com) before November 1st, 2020.
The ENP Training Course includes:
- The Class ENP coach Mr. Diederik Bakker (NED)
- The coach boat for on-the-water trainings
- Training and coaching in all aspects of RS:X equipment.
- Technical preparation on shore
- Theory regarding how to use the power from the sail the right way through the body and deliver this power to the board
- Trimming and adjusting to the expected weather conditions
- How to work together on the water in an efficient way
- Training on the water, including the video feedback with analysis of technic and trimming
- Optimisation of body, boom, harness lines positions and length, foot position in different wind conditions
- Tactical and strategic training when focused on racing drills and preparation for the regatta
- Daily program with the meetings on shore and on water training, plus evaluation
- Throughout all the course the sailor’s coach is fully involved the program
The Participants will cover:
Their own sailing equipment, travel, accommodation and meals.
Program in Vilamoura
Saturday 14 November – Saturday 21 November: training clinic and preparation to RS:X Europeans
Monday 23 November – Saturday 28 November: coaching clinic for RS:X Europeans
Marina de Vilamoura, Vilamoura, Portugal
10:00-11:00 meeting at the Club, Equipment preparation, daily objectives briefing, weather briefing incl. meteo lessons, trimming equipment for the expected conditions, biomechanics of windsurfing RSX, exercise briefing.
11:00-12:30 1st water training session: focus on technical issues:
- trimming on the water
- body/feet positioning
- harness lines position/adjustments
- alignment of rig/body/board
- pointing or speed, feel your VMG: upwind and downwind!
- maximum power without pumping
- pumping technical: trimming, steering, footstraps, upwind, reaching, downwind
- manoeuvres: changing tack, 360, backward, mark roundings
12:30 – 14:00 lunch break
14:00 – 14:30 briefing for 2nd water session: focus on racing exercises depending on weather conditions: startline positioning, where to start, fleet positioning, timing start accelerating incl max power pumping drills, tactics and strategy start and first upwind, topmark approach, mark roundings, downwind strategies, laylines, etc.
14:30 – 16:30 2nd water session with implementation of exercises discussed in briefing depending on conditions and development potential during the week.
16:30 – 17:30 debriefing training session
When wind/weather conditions are not suitable for water sessions, we will have theory clinics:
- Meteorology and strategy
- Aero and hydro dynamics: Windsurfing/RSX consequences
- Planning and goalsetting(Goalscape)
- How to prepare for a regatta/race day
- Tactics and racing rules
During the RS:X European Championships there will be a meeting 2 hours before the first warning signal of that day at the club, where the expected conditions/meteo-forecast, changes in the SIs, trimming consequences, pre-race organisation on shore and on the water, coaching on the water: priorities and limitations will be discussed. Also there will be debriefing after the racing day.
Pre-registration is essential and shall be done by sending an email to Diederik or Andrus before 1 November 2020. The email shall include the name(s) of each attending sailor and coach (if any)!
May you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact directly to Diederik Bakker (NED) as the RS:X Class ENP Coach in Vilamoura – firstname.lastname@example.org or the Class Secretary Andrus Poksi – email@example.com.
See you in Vilamoura,